LSCOBA Southern California Chapter
|Date:||08 Aug 2014 – 10 Aug 2014|
|Venue:||Pacific Palms Resort, City of Industry CA|
|Speaker :|| Rev. Bro. Steve Hogan, current principal of LSC|
Mr. Randy Woo Ho Wai, retired former history teacher of LSC (sponsored by Douglas Chan, from Class of 1977)
Mr. Victor Lo Si Tak, retired former PE Master of LSC (sponsored by Class of 88, PIC Bryan Lee)
|Web Site :||http://lscobasc.org/gr2014|
To enjoy the Early Bird Special, please register online for the Global Reunion by July 17, 2014, as some of the programs have changed.
$10 (early-bird – on or before July 17, 2014)
$20 (after July 17, 2104)
$50 for adults, $40 for students and child over 6 (early-bird – on or before July 17, 2014)
$60 for adults, $50 for students and child over 6 (after July 17, 2104)
|August 7, 2014 (Thursday)||August 8, 2014 (Friday)||August 9, 2014 (Saturday)||August 10, 2014 (Sunday)|
|AM||World Conference||7-a-Side Soccer Tournament||Bowling Challenge|
|Happy Hour||Presidents and Directors Meeting|
Self-Guided Disneyland Tour
Self-Guided California Science Center Tour
- Happy Hour – Casual evening gathering (pizza and beer at hotel).
- World Conference – Discussions with Bro. Steve Hogan and fellow old boys from around the world on topics of importance to La Salle College.
- Bro. Steve Hogan provides updates on the school and the challenges she faces
- Lester Huang of La Salle Foundation presents donation transfer and receipt mechanism
- LSCOBA representative introduces its new website and overseas platform
- Q&A and Discussions
- Chapter Presidents and Directors Meeting – LSCOBA Chapter Directors, Presidents and Past Presidents will get together to discuss achievements, missions, and visions for various chapters. We will set goals for various chapters for the next 2 years in support of the school’s needs.
- 7-a-Side Soccer Tournament – 7-a-side Soccer Tournament for all ages. If you are interested in entering a team, or participating as an individual (and joining one of the existing teams)
- Mass – Whether you are a Catholic or non-religious alumnus, come attend church service with Bro. Steve Hogan and fellow old boys.
- Bowling Challenge
- Gala Dinner – Live performance “50s Extravagenza” by Robert Lee (’66) and his band, some of the best Chinese food Los Angeles has to offer, and an evening of fun with LSC friends old and new. Come in your best, most festive 50s outfit!
- Golf Tournament – Discount golf at WPGA 36-hole courses at Pacific Palms Resort
Lodging & Travel
We are glad to have Pacific Palms Resort as the headquarters hotel of the Global Reunion. Pacific Palms Resort is offering attendees of the Global Reunion a discount nightly rate of $129 (plus 10% occupancy tax) for Deluxe Rooms (single/double occupancy) for the duration of the Global Reunion as well as for the week after. Please see http://lscobasc.org/gr2014/travel.html for details.
Transportation Between Pacific Palms Resort and Local Airports – Pacific Palms Resort is centrally located between many Southern California area airports and other important destinations. While neither the Pacific Palms Resort nor the Global Reunion Organizing Committee provide transportation between the Resort and local airports, there are many third-party options (e.g., taxi, shuttle, limousine). See the Getting Here page on the Pacific Palms web sitehttp://www.pacificpalmsresort.com/about-us/getting-here for details.
Carpooling and Transportation Assistance – Many of the Global Reunion events are held away from Pacific Palms Resort. To accommodate out-of-town old boys and guests, we will try to arrange for carpooling between the Resort and off-site Global Reunion events if you can let us know of your needs (how many people and for what events) before July 17. Please contact the Global Reunion organizing committee at email@example.com.
- Person-in-Charge: Charles Tsang (’83)
- Gala Dinner: Bryan Lee (’88)
- World Conference: Charles Tsang (’83), Eddie Shek (’85)
- Chapter Presidents and Directors Meeting: Charles Tsang (’83)
- Soccer Tournament: Johnson Chao (’95)
- Mass: Anthony Luk (’66)
- Bowling Challenge: Ronnie Cheng (’90)
- Golf Tournament: Charles Tsang (’83)
- Program Book: Stanley Wong (’68), Thomas Tsui (’95)
- Graphic Design: Francis Lam (’84)
- Music and Entertainment Director: Robert Lee (’66)
- Class of ’66 Events: Anthony Luk (’66)
- Souvenirs: Raymond Ho (’72), Paul Chiu (’88), Andrew Yip (’83)
If you have any suggestions or questions, or simply want to receive Global Reunion news updates, please contact the Global Reunion organizing committee at firstname.lastname@example.org