Dear Old Boys of La Salle College,
According to section 6.3 of the Constitution of the Incorporated Management Committee of La Salle College (the “IMC”), the regular managers of the IMC shall include one (1) Alumni Manager (the “Alumni Manager”). La Salle College Old Boys’ Association, being the recognized alumni association of La Salle College (the “School”), will conduct an election to elect one alumnus to be nominated to the Education Bureau to be registered as the Alumni Manager at the following time and place:
Election Day : Saturday, 31 July 2021
Venue : School Hall, La Salle College
Polling Hours : Ballot drop boxes will be ready to accept voted ballots
from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon
Counting and declaration of Candidature at 12:00 noon
The details of the Alumni Manager Election are as follows:
|Tenure :||One (1) year|
|Maximum number of terms||Two (2) consecutive terms|
|Vacancy:||One (1) Alumni Manager|
|Nomination Period:||Tuesday, 13 July 2021 to 5:00 pm on Monday, 26 July 2021|
|Declaration of Candidature and Nomination Procedures:||Any Alumnus (Note 1) who wishes to stand for election should submit a signed Nomination Form (including an optional Statement of Introduction of not more than 300 words) to me, the Returning Officer of Alumni Manager Election 2021, by 5:00 pm on 26 July 2021. The nomination must be signed by one (1) Alumnus and seconded by another fifty (50) Alumni of the School. Nomination Forms are available for download from (i) the LSCOBA website; (ii) The School’s website; and (iii) from the School office during working hours. Note 1: An Alumnus (or Alumni) means a person who has been a pupil of La Salle College but is no longer such a pupil. For the purpose of the Alumni Manager Election, the Alumnus who is eligible to vote or stand for election must be above 18 years old.|
|Candidates’ Information:||A list of the names of all candidates who are validly nominated (together with the candidates’ Statements of Introduction) will be posted on: (i) The LSCOBA website; (ii) The School’s website; and (iii) a notice board in the School on or before 27 July 2021.|
|Voter’s Register||For LSCOBA members: Existing members are not required to fill in the “Voter Registration Form” and are deemed to be eligible to vote at the election. For those who are not LSCOBA members: In order for the School to verify the status as an Alumnus, the proposed voter is required to submit the “Voter Registration Form” to reach the LSCOBA Administrator (by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax at 2337-4951 or by post) by 5:00 pm on 26 July 2021. The Voter Registration Forms are available for download from (i) The LSCOBA website; (ii) The School’s website; and from (iii) the School office during working hours. If you have previously registered, it is not necessary to register again.|
|Voting:||For LSCOBA members: Please produce your LSCOBA card or HKID card on the Election Day. For those who are not LSCOBA members: Only alumni who have been registered in the Alumni Manager Election – Voter Register are eligible to vote. To be registered to vote for this election you must submit a Voter Registration Form by 5:00 pm on 26 July 2021 and the School shall verify your status as an alumnus based on your Voter Registration Form. If for any reason the School is unable to verify your alumnus status by 9:00 am on 31 July 2021, you will not be eligible to vote in the Alumni Manager Election. Please bring your HKID card or other photo identification on the Election Day for identification purpose. If you have previously registered, it is not necessary to register again. Any Alumnus who would like to vote must vote in person. Voting for the election shall be conducted by secret ballot. Each Alumnus shall have one vote. No electioneering activity shall be conducted on Lower Ground 2 of the School on 31 July 2021.|
|Counting of Votes and Declaration of Election Results:||All Alumni, all candidates, and the School Principal will be invited to attend and witness the counting of votes. The counting session will be conducted immediately after the election in the School on the same day shortly after voting is concluded at 12:00 noon. The successful candidate will be the one that receives the most votes in the election. This candidate’s information will be submitted to the Education Bureau. Given that there are registration requirements under section 30 of the Education Ordinance, the LSCOBA does not represent that the candidate will be registered as a Manager of the School. A notice will be issued and posted on the school website and the LSCOBA website to inform the result of the election.|
1. All Alumni of the School are eligible to stand for election.
2. Any person standing for election for nomination as the Alumni Manager must: –
(a) be an Alumnus; and
(b) not be a teacher; and
(c) not be a sponsoring body manager or alternate sponsoring body manager of the School; and
(d) not be a parent manager of the School; and
(e) meet the registration requirements of managers stipulated in section 30 of the Education Ordinance.
Appendix I sets out the Ethical Conduct Required in the Alumni Manager Election.
I look forward to your active participation in this election. Please contact me, the Returning Officer of the Alumni Manager Election 2021, at email@example.com if you have any queries concerning the Alumni Manager Election. Thank you.
Returning Officer of the Alumni Manager Election 2021, La Salle College
Ethical Conduct Required in the Alumni Manager Election
Nomination of Candidates
1. Do not offer any advantage for any person to stand or not to stand as a candidate.
2. Do not offer any advantage for any person to be nominated as a candidate or to withdraw his candidature.
3. Do not offer any advantage for any candidate not to use his best endeavours to promote his candidature.
4. Do not solicit or accept any advantage for any person to stand or not stand as a candidate.
5. Do not solicit or accept any advantage for any person withdrawing his candidature.
6. Do not solicit or accept any advantage for any candidate to not use his best endeavours to promote his candidature.
7. Do not use or threaten to use force or duress to induce any person to stand or not to stand as a candidate, or to withdraw his candidature.
8. Do not induce by deception, any person to stand or not to stand as a candidate, or to withdraw his candidature.
1. Do not make any materially false or misleading statement of fact including but not limited to the character, qualifications or previous conduct of a candidate or candidates.
2. Do not take part in any activity that is likely to give rise to criticism and allegation of malpractices and abide by the principle of fairness in the election.
3. Do not state overtly or covertly the support of any person or organization in any campaign activities, especially in the campaign literature before written consent has been obtained.
1. Do not offer any advantage to induce any person not to vote at an election.
2. Do not offer any advantage to induce any person to vote or not to vote for a particular candidate at an election.
3. Do not provide or pay for the provision of any food, drink or entertainment as an inducement to or a reward for any person voting or not voting at an election.
4. Do not provide or pay for the provision of any food, drink or entertainment as an inducement to or a reward for any person’s voting or not voting for a particular candidate at an election.
5. Do not use or threaten to use force or duress against any person for the purpose of influencing his or any other person voting decision.
6. Do not induce by deception any person not to vote at an election.
7. Do not induce by deception any person to vote or not to vote for a particular candidate at an election.