La Salle College Old Boys’ Association Limited
喇沙舊生會有限公司 (“LSCOBA” or the “Association”)
Notice of Adjourned 2021 Annual General Meeting of the Association
25 August 2021
Notice is hereby given under section 40 of the Articles of Association (the “Articles”) of the Association that the adjourned 2021 annual general meeting (the “Adjourned AGM”) of the Association will be held on Saturday, 25 September 2021 at 2:00 pm at the Large Lecture Theatre, 2nd Lower Ground Floor, La Salle College, 18 La Salle Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong for the following purposes:—
3. To elect the following office-bearers and members of the committee of the Association (the “Committee”) for 2021-2022:-
(b) Vice President;
(c) Honorary Treasurer;
(d) Honorary Secretary; and
(e) 12 members of the Committee; and
5. To transact any other business.
Any member entitled to attend and vote at the Adjourned AGM shall be entitled to appoint another person as his proxy to attend and vote in his stead. The proxy form with his membership number will be despatched to each member at his registered address. The proxy form shall have no effect unless it is duly completed and signed and the original proxy form being received not less than 48 hours before the time for holding the Adjourned AGM or further adjourned meeting (as the case may be). Please refer to the proxy form for details regarding certain important notices with regards to the appointment of proxy, the locations and time of collection of proxy form.
All valid forms of proxy previously received by the Association for the 2021 Annual General Meeting held on 31 July 2021 would be valid for the Adjourned AGM, unless (a) the Association receives from the respective member (i) a new form of proxy or (ii) a valid written and signed revocation before 2:00 pm on Thursday, 23 September 2021 or (b) the respective member attends the Adjourned AGM in person.
Precautionary Measures for the COVID-19 Pandemic
The following precautionary measures are implemented to protect the safety of the members and the School community in view of the on-going COVID-19 pandemic:-
• Seating at the meeting venue will be so arranged as to allow for appropriate social distancing. If the capacity of the meeting venue is reached, members may be required to sit or stand at partitioned areas adjacent to the meeting venue with live streaming of the Adjourned AGM.
• Other than necessary for accessing the meeting venue and designated bathrooms, the attendees of the Adjourned AGM shall not access any other areas of the School.
• Compulsory body temperature checks will be conducted for every attendee at the entrance of the School; any person with a body temperature of over 37.3 degrees Celsius or who has any flu-like symptoms or is otherwise unwell will not be allowed to enter the School.
• Every attendee will be required to wear a surgical face mask at the School and throughout the Adjourned AGM; those not wearing face masks may not be allowed to enter the School (please note that no masks will be provided and members should bring and wear their own masks).
• Any person who (a) has travelled outside Hong Kong within 14 days immediately before the Adjourned AGM (“Recent Travel History”), (b) is subject to quarantine or self-quarantine in relation to COVID-19, or (c) has close contact with any person under quarantine or with Recent Travel History shall not attend the Adjourned AGM.
• Any person who does not comply with the abovementioned measures, the School and the Association reserve the right to deny such persons to enter the School.
• No refreshment will be served at the Adjourned AGM.
• The Association reminds members that they should carefully consider the risks of attending the Adjourned AGM, taking into account their own personal circumstances. Furthermore, the Association would like to remind members that physical attendance in person at the Adjourned AGM is not necessary for the purpose of exercising their voting rights and the Association strongly recommends that members exercise their right to vote at the Adjourned AGM by appointing proxy and submit the proxy form as early as possible.
• Subject to the development of the COVID-19 situation, the School and/or the Association have the discretion to implement further precautionary measures in respect of the Adjourned AGM. The Association will issue further announcement(s) on such measures as and when appropriate ONLY on the Association’s website at www.lscoba.com and through its official email list.
Members are also encouraged to bring their membership cards to the Adjourned AGM to facilitate the conduct of business.
Chan Yik Kan (02)