|Date:||11 Oct 2013|
|Time:||09:45 – 11:50|
Pacnet is Asia’s leading independent telecommunications service provider formed from the operational merger of two regional telecommunications service providers, Asia Netcom and Pacific Internet. It owns and operates EAC-C2C, Asia’s largest submarine cable infrastructure at 36,800 km, with a design capacity of 17.92 Tbps to 30.72 Tbps to and from each of the landing countries, and EAC Pacific, the 9,620km Trans-Pacific cable system that directly connects the United States to Japan. Through nearly 100 Points-of-Presence, its global reach extends beyond Asia to many cities around the world delivering advanced IP, data, voice and managed solutions to carriers, Fortune 500 enterprises and small/medium enterprises. During the visit you will be able to see the EAC1/EAC2 Submarine Cable Landing Stations and the Cloud Space at Tseung Kwan O.
DATE: Saturday 7th December 2013
|09:45 – 10:00||Assemble at 11 Chun Kwong Street, Industrial Estate West, Tseung Kwan O |
– By taxi from Lohas Park MTR station; or
– Take KMB Bus 298E from Hang Hau MTR station to the Bus Terminal 將軍澳工業村巴士總站 and walking distance to the venue; or
– Take New World Bus 797M from Tseung Kwam O MTR station to the Bus Terminal 將軍澳工業村巴士總站 and walking distance to the venue.
|10:00 – 10:20||Briefing/short video|
|10:20 – 10:50||Visit submarine cable facilities|
|10:50 – 11:20||Visit data centre facilities|
|11:20 – 11:50||Questions & Answers and taking group photo|
- For those successful registrants you will be requested to provide HK Identity card number 24 hours before the visit. Similarly parking space is available and your vehicle license number is required.
- NO PHOTO taking inside the building.
- Customers’ names cannot be disclosed.
Any Old Boy or current LSC student, and maximum two (2) guests on his invitation, interested in joining the above please register on a first come first served basis, for the 30 head quota, on or before Wednesday 4 December 2013 by filling in the details on registration form and faxing it to 23374951 for payment of the $50 per head registration fee.
You will receive a confirmation email if your registration has been successful. Should you need more information, please call LSCOBA Administrator Ms Fanny Leung at 23362985.
Dr Gordon Fong (1976)
Convener, Alumni Development Subcommittee, LSCOBA [Tel 90995707 Email firstname.lastname@example.org]