Date : 16 Oct 2020
Time : 19:30
Venue : School Hall, 2nd Lower Ground Floor, La Salle College, 18 La Salle Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Notice is hereby given under section 40 of the Articles of Association (the “Articles”) of the Association that an annual general meeting (the “Annual General Meeting” or the “AGM”) of the Association will be held on Friday, 16 October 2020 at 7:30 pm in the School Hall, 2nd Lower Ground Floor, La Salle College, 18 La Salle Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong for the following purposes:—
1. To receive the audited financial statements for the year ended 31 March 2020 together with the President’s Report;
2. To re-appoint CW CPA, Certified Public Accountants, as the auditors of the Association;
3. To elect the following office-bearers and members of the committee of the Association (the “Committee”) for 2020-2021:—
(b) Vice President;
(c) Honorary Treasurer;
(d) Honorary Secretary; and
(e) 12 members of the Committee; and
4. To transact any other business.
Members’ attention is drawn to section 43 of the Articles which is reproduced below:—
“43. The office-bearers and the Committee members shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting from the members of the Association. A candidate for election must be proposed by one and seconded by another member and the nomination shall be received by the Returning Officer not less than two clear days before the Annual General Meeting. Every member of the Association present at the meeting shall be entitled to vote for as many candidates as there are vacancies to be filled. Candidates up to the number of vacancies who shall receive most votes shall be declared elected and in the case of two or more candidates receiving an equal number of votes, a second or subsequent ballots shall be held until a candidate receives most votes.”
Any member who wishes to stand for election at the Annual General Meeting should complete the nomination form attached to this notice and return it to the Returning Officer appointed by the LSCOBA Committee 2019- 2020 on or before Tuesday, 13 October 2020.
Any member entitled to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting shall be entitled to appoint another person as his proxy to attend and vote in his stead. The proxy form with his membership number will be despatched to each member at his registered address together with this notice. The proxy form shall have no effect unless it is duly completed and signed and the original proxy form being received not less than 48 hours before the time for holding the Annual General Meeting or adjourned meeting (as the case may be). Please refer to the proxy form for details regarding certain important notices with regards to the appointment of proxy, the locations and time of collection of proxy form.
Precautionary Measures for the COVID-19 Pandemic
The following precautionary measures are implemented to protect the safety of the members and the School community in view of the on-going COVID-19 pandemic:—
- Seating at the School Hall will be arranged to partitioned blocks of twenty seats each and so as to allow for appropriate social distancing. If the capacity of the School Hall is reached, members may be required to sit or stand at partitioned areas adjacent to the School Hall with live streaming of the AGM.
- Other than necessary for accessing the School Hall and designated bathrooms, the attendees of the AGM shall not access any other areas of the School.
- Compulsory body temperature checks will be conducted for every attendee at the entrance of the School; any person with a body temperature of over 37.3 degrees Celsius or who has any flu-like symptoms or is otherwise unwell will not be allowed to enter the School.
- Every attendee will be required to wear a surgical face mask at the School and throughout the AGM; those not wearing face masks may not be allowed to enter the School (please note that no masks will be provided and members should bring and wear their own masks).
- Any person who (a) has travelled outside Hong Kong within 14 days immediately before the AGM (“Recent Travel History”), (b) is subject to quarantine or self-quarantine in relation to COVID-19, or (c) has close contact with any person under quarantine or with Recent Travel History shall not attend the AGM.
- Any person who does not comply with the abovementioned measures, the School and the Association reserve the right to deny such persons to enter the School.
- No refreshment will be served at the AGM.
- The Association reminds members that they should carefully consider the risks of attending the AGM, taking into account their own personal circumstances. Furthermore, the Association would like to remind members that physical attendance in person at the AGM is not necessary for the purpose of exercising their voting rights and the Association strongly recommends that members exercise their right to vote at the AGM by appointing proxy and submit the proxy form as early as possible.
- Members who intend to attend the AGM in person are strongly encouraged to RSVP at the Association’s website at www.lscoba.com by Friday, 9 October 2020.
- Subject to the development of the COVID-19 situation and the number of RSVP received, the School and/or the Association have the discretion to implement further precautionary measures in respect of the AGM. The Association will issue further announcement(s) on such measures as and when appropriate ONLY on the Association’s website at www.lscoba.com and through its official email list.
Members are also encouraged to bring their membership cards to the Annual General Meeting to facilitate the conduct of business.
Chan Yik Kan (02)
Honorary Secretary 2019-2020